Club Safeguarding Policy
Starfish has a duty of care to safeguard from harm all our members below the age of 18 (children) who are involved with the club. Starfish will adhere to Wavepower: the ASA Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures in all circumstances.
The Starfish's Policies and Rules aim to promote good practice:
- Providing members and children with appropriate safety and protection whilst in the care of Starfish
- Allowing all staff and volunteers to make informed responses to specific safeguarding issues
- By following Wavepower: the ASA Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
To view the ASA’s Wavepower, go to
The underlying principles of the Club are built upon the following:
- The welfare of children is the first consideration.
- All members including children have a right to be protected from abuse irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual identity or disability.
- Members including children should be treated with respect, dignity and integrity